Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sugar Snap Peas

I discovered Sugar Snap Peas a few weeks ago. Sugar snap peas have an edible pod similar to snow peas, but the pod is round instead of flat and, like the name implies, are slightly sweet. I. Love. Them. They have been added to my definite gardening list - along with tomatoes, lettuce and spinach so far. They are a cool season veggie and frost tolerant -- plantable as soon as the ground is workable. (Hm. . .weather's been warm this winter. Think the ground is workable now?)

The real reason for this post though, is that while googling the scrumptious little pods, I found out that they were created right in my childhood home town of Twin Falls, ID in the early 1980's by a Dr. Lamborn and a Dr. Parker at the Gallatin Valley Seed Company.

Way to get yourself on the map, Twin Falls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment