Sunday, February 28, 2010

If April Showers Bring May Flowers, What Does February Sunshine Bring?



Yes it is still Frebruary, at least through the end of the day. The pretty little white flowers above are actually up in a friend's yard.
Since today was in the upper 40's, I took the opportunity to get out in the relative warmth and sunshine to work on the garden. I needed to turn the soil as I had added all natural, the-real-deal horse manure compost to the entire bed last fall. (Mmmm, horse poo.) While I was there and very much to my delight, I discovered this:


Do you see them? Yes!!! That is garlic!! I have been mulling over the idea planting my spinach and sugar snap peas, even if it is still two weeks before the earliest 8 weeks recommended before the last average frost. So, if my ground is definitely not frozen and the garlics are venturing into the world. . . Hm. I did start my flower seeds today; the marigolds like planned as well as a few intersting little things I just couldn't pass up: Chinese Lanterns and Money Leaves.

*Sigh* I love spring.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment