Saturday, May 21, 2011

What to do with Spinach

Doesn't this recipe sound good? I can't wait to try it out, and I think it's a brilliant way to sneak in some spinach. I also love the idea of sneaking spinach into homemade pesto. It helps the pesto go farther and gets spinach in your diet. Now I'm just waiting on the basil and spinach to grow!

Sneaky Spinach Sorbet

1/2 of an orange - peeled
3/4 c. frozen chopped spinach
3/4 c. coconut milk
1/2 c. frozen pineapple chuncks
1 large or 2 small bananas

Put all ingredients into a food processor and pulverize. Check for chunks. Process until smooth. Serve right away or put in freezer. *note - let soften on counter before eating out of the freezer

1 comment:

  1. Funny...I used this same background for a blog I had years ago. :-)

    Anyway, I just wanted to mention that I posted a question for you--in response to a comment that you made on the Banned From Baby Showers blog.

    ReplyDelete