Friday, November 12, 2010

Fall Garden Update 2010

Yes, as embarrassing as it is, I am just now getting around to cleaning up the garden and posting an update. I want to blame it on the current growing of something else, but really, it was more passive pouting about the lame results for the year. I was pleasantly surprised to discover some large carrots when I was pulling everything out today. The allysum seems to be doing well too around the edges which is nice as a natural bad-bug repellant. So let's recap:

Sugar snap peas -- these are probably the only thing that did great. I will definitely do these again, and next spring I won't be having any food aversions.

Spinach and lettuce -- will try again in the spring.

Carrots -- disaster. I don't think I will do these again as they're not my absolute favorite veggie. I'll leave room for something else.

Peppers - fail. I got one little one. From two plants.

Basil -- I really would like to get enough to make pesto so this will probably be a try-again.

Garlic -- turned out ok. I got probably a dozen heads, but they weren't very big. I haven't planted any yet, so it's looking like it won't be on the produce list for next year.

Squash -- It seems the plant started producing fruit just as the temps dropped into freezing which of course killed the plants. Boo. This will definitely be a try-again.

Onions -- fail. They took up too much room in the garden and didn't grow big enough to make it worth it. I'll just go to the farm stand to get my onions next year.

Tomatoes -- all fail. We got a few small Oregon Springs that Kyle thought were "tasty." Other than that, ah tthhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment