Sunday, May 9, 2010

Afternoon in the sun

And Shafer Butte is important because the tomatoes finally went in today! I got them last weekend at the Peaceful Belly farms sale.

Anna Russian - 65 days. Pinkish red heart shape fruits that weigh a pound with outstanding flavor. Indeterminate.

Oregon Springs - 58 days. A cold-tolerant tomato for short season gardeners. Compact plants produce concentrated sets of medium to large fruit that is nearly seedless. Fruit is juicy and tender with full tomato flavor. Determinate

Black Zebra - 75 days. Burgundy tomato green stripes on the outside. Sweet and juicy, unique and stunning variety; vigorous plants produce an abundance of 3 to 4 oz tomatoes. Indeterminate.

Cal Wonder Orange Bell Pepper - (I thought I'd grabbed one orange and one green but I guess I grabbed two orange, woops!) 80 days. Classic bell shape, sweet, beautiful fruits

Summer Squash - Tromboncino - 80 days. Light green/tan skin, Italian

Cantaloupe - Super 45 Hybrid - 88 days. 4-5 lb fruit.

Eventually I'll get to the point that I can line all the veggies to produce at the same time so I can actually make salsa and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment